Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Completion of inFAMOUS 2

It took a while, but I finally got my eleventh platinum trophy. Yes, that means I had to go into the user-generated content creator to design my own level, but don't get too excited. I really wanted to go in and create something fun and unique, but it was nearly two in the morning and I just wanted that last trophy so that I could call it a night, so my level is pretty bland and generic. I'm not too worried about it -- inFAMOUS 2 came out a while ago. I assume most of the people that wanted to play it already have.


I don't want to give away too much of the game, but I found the endings (both good and evil) to be pretty bad overall. The final decision in the game didn't make much sense, though the good ending did bring a tear to my eye. Definitely worth a playthrough, though I did notice a lot of random glitches, similar to the first game. D. was a bit amazed since he claims he never ran into as many problems as I did. I should be a game tester I guess.

inFAMOUS 2 glitch list:

  • I still managed to fall through walls and fences, though I never actually ended up inside a building as I did in the first game.

  • At one point I was fighting ice soldiers near the ice tower and had just defeated a Crusher that was positioned on the second level, near a railing. The game kept replaying his death animation over and over, for about five or six times until it finally straightened up and let me continue blasting bad guys.

  • A couple of times, I'd complete a certain part of a quest, only it didn't register on the game. The most memorable incident occurred in my evil playthrough, during a sidequest where I was throwing cars at Nix. I threw one, but the quest didn't update my objective, so I couldn't continue. I had to restart the mission and go from there. I also had missions where the guy I was following died. With no way to move forward, I had to restart the mission.

My biggest complaint about these games is the fact that no matter which karmic choices you decide to make, the cutscenes and storylines remain the same. I really wish the development team would have dug a bit deeper, to make it feel as if your choices mattered within the actual story. Only the endings are really different. I just felt like Cole was meant to be evil as I couldn't imagine his good guy alter-ego saying some of the things he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment